20 March 2012

Warm Welcome



The 12 hour flight home felt surprisingly short. Most of the way was spent trying to study in a semi-sleep state on the plane in an attempt to readjust to Malaysian local time. Otherwise, it was quite a pleasant flight. I was sat next to a chiropractor from Australia who tried to teach me the brachial plexus on a sick bag.

Damned nerves
Having landed in LCCT the first thing that hits you as you step out of the plane is the overwhelming heat and humidity which reminds you that you're in Malaysia. It really clings to you like a sticky fog and for a while it felt funny breathing it. Got into Dad's car and blasted the air-conditioner for relief.


A stark reminder of the weather I can expect here in Malaysia. I think I miss the cooler Cambridge weather already.

Coming home was great though, Mum ran to the door and gave me a bear hug. Home cooked dinner was waiting too. The house smelt and looked exactly as I had left it just 6 months ago. It's as if I hadn't left for a day. 

Breakfast anyone?
I've got to settle in now and get revision work moving as efficiently as possible. It's looking daunting so far, but I'm going to try my best to stay focused. Also going out for a jog in a bit.

And here's lunch that Mum cooked:

I've missed Malaysian breed chickens - much tastier

For now, it's work time!


4 comments:

  1. I got a bit confused by the brachial plexus before I realised he drew it left to right. :P
    Are you going to have thunderstorms this week!? :O
    Good luck with your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! If you're missing the English weather, I'll happily swap with you...?
    :)

    ReplyDelete