25 March 2012

If I Were a Duck...

I'd definitely want to be an Emma duck. Here at Emmanuel College we love our ducks - they're the happiest, fattest ducks around.


They even feature in our college crest:

Credits to Charlie Zou for the amazing pumpkin carving
Life would be so much simpler being a duck. For example, I wouldn't have to be doing all this revision for Tripos exams (which by the way is coming along really slow). There's just such a tonne of things to learn and it gets worse in second year I hear, but you know, everyday I just have to sit down and psyche myself to read. I do enjoy the material - it's very interesting. It's just difficult when you've got to know all this material and write complete and coherent essays. It takes more than just bullshitting skills. To add to that, it's also really hard not to procrastinate!

Anyway, here are more duck pictures that I've taken:

Very fat, no?
Quack


I find it interesting how many of them waddle around exploring college grounds in pairs. And then there would be a group of bachelor drakes chilling by the side somewhere. The males, of course have their handsome silver-green and brown coat.




The ducks seemed completely unfazed by the snow and below zero degrees temperatures. They simply waddled around in the snow and pecked away ice on their side of the pond.


Anyhow, I'm very much looking forward to Grace coming back tomorrow evening! Hehe.

Excited!
That's my neighbour's baby and my mother's new god-grandaughter. Adorable... and guess what, her name's Emma. :)

3 comments:

  1. Ducks in the snow. JUST CHILLIN'.
    There's only one real male goose in college. PROPERGANDER.
    Ducks running around in pairs.. CHASING TAIL.
    I should be a comedian, or maybe I'm just a.. QUACK.

    ..Okay, I'm done. Beautiful photography, loving the pumpkin! ;)
    And aaaawwwwwwwww Emma's so cuuute!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah..... you could always be a quack and a comedian at the same time. I'm sure your patients would be very amused (for a while at least). :P

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I've just got Skyrim. Goodbye degree. >_<

      Delete