17 March 2012

End of Lent Term!

I'm in there somewhere. Those four fingers peering out are in fact mine.
Long awaited celebrations are in order! Well, with some sub-concious restraint for the medics, really. Lent term has been a ridiculously tough term for me. Regardless of what other medics might say, I probably haven't quite been this pushed (academically at least) in my life. Physically, rowing circuits were pretty harsh too. 

Despite this, Lent term has felt surprisingly short. I suppose all Cambridge terms do since they're only 8 weeks - but it only ever felt like "the start of term" all the way until, "end of term's coming!"
Snowwwww flakes!
It's been a term of learning to be more organised in work; learning to absorb and retain things faster; learning to be ahead and to write essays faster. I feel quite strongly that the Malaysian education prepares us nothing for the kind of work ethic and critical thinking necessary for tertiary education in the UK. All the things I've done even up to 'A' Levels feel like quite a joke in comparison to what we're doing now - and I would admit that there are many points at which I feel overwhelmed by this course. Well, it's Cambridge, right?

Also, I saw snowfall for the first time ever in my life! Definitely as amazing as I would have anticipated it to be. 


Icy paddock
Now, the monolithic task of sorting all my sprawled out possessions and packing them to get ready to go HOME!!! A lovely kind dear has come up from London to offer support and perhaps, help me pack.

And then it's continuous rigorous revision for the rest of Easter holidays. I'm going to do this right.

2 comments:

  1. The lovely kind dear really, really likes the snowy pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, I'm on your blog! Nice camera work man. :)

    ReplyDelete